StudioLive's Active Integration 32-bit 96 kHz DSP gives the groundbreaking new 18sAI subwoofers studio-monitor accuracy and delivers a wireless and wired control of all setup, tuning and monitoring functions using the free SL Room Control software for Mac, Windows & iPad.
The StudioLive 18sAI delivers low frequencies with plenty of muscle thanks to the 1000 Watt bridged Class D power amplifier.
Connections are straightforward with stereo line inputs (XLR and 1/4" combo) and full range, switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR).
The lightweight plywood enclosure includes ergonomic side handles, an integrated pole insert and interlocking stacking provisions for use with a full-range system such as those in the StudioLive AI Series.
What makes the StudioLive 18sAI really special is the amazing accuracy and control features courtesy of the PreSonus Active Integration Technology.
Active Integration technology realises the dream of products that sense each other, interact and work together via both wired and wireless communication, featuring 32-bit floating point DSPs and seamlessly integrated software.
Active Integration incorporates all of this into a specialised custom chip that can handle not only the specialised algorithms for tuning the system to near-perfection, but also providing extensive remote control over system performance, the variable low-pass filter and more.
Wirelessly control output level, user-adjustable contours and more using the 32-bit floating point DSP for the variable crossover, dynamic limiting and excursion limiting.
The included USB Wi-Fi LAN adapter enables wireless networking, with the master control centre residing in the SL Control Room: a feature-rich, easy to use system-configuration software application for Mac, Windows and iPad that offers individual or group control of all StudioLive AI-Series speakers on the network. SL Room Control gives you control over most onboard controls and lets you monitor key performance indicators.
Features and Specifications
- 18-inch transducer with 1000 Watt, Class D amplifier
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with variable crossover, dynamic limiting and excursion limiting
- Wireless networking with free SL Room Control software for Mac™, Windows™ and iPad™ enables complete setup, tuning and monitoring
- Stereo line inputs (XLR-1/4" combo) and switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR)
- Alignment delay (switchable: 0, 2 or 4 feet) enables subwoofer to be placed in different positions relative to a full-range speaker system
- Integrated pole insert and interlocking stacking provisions
- Active Integration 32-bit 96 kHz DSP with more processing power than the three rack speaker processors
- Wireless or wired networking with SL Room Control for complete setup, tuning, and monitoring from anywhere in your venue
- Network Setup Wizard automatically detects each speaker and allows you to quickly connect to your wireless router network
- Remote control over Maximum SPL/output level, high-pass filter, onboard operational modes, performance monitoring, mute, speaker delay, polarity, and variable crossover
- Variable low-pass filter
- Visually display room layout on a laptop or iPad
- Edit, save, recall, and share speaker-setup parameters
- Universal Switch mode power supply with power-factor correction
- Comfortable, ergonomic handles
- Ships with Ethernet connection for wired control; optional Dante card